ADA services are for passengers with disabilities who are unable or find it difficult to ride fixed line bus routes. ADA passengers must be certified by BCRTA in order to reserve ADA rides.
Service Hours Information
Click here to see ADA service hours.
Regular Route Hours: Vary by route, please see schedules.
BCRTA does not operate on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- BCRTA drivers may assist passengers with bags, but they are not permitted to enter private residences. Please do not ask.
- Passengers are permitted to carry-on four (4) normal size shopping bags. Bags must be secured in a cargo area to allow all passengers to be seated.
- BCRTA recommends that all passengers wear a safety belt. Wheelchairs must be secured.
- Children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by an adult.
- In accordance with Ohio state law, certain children must be secured in an approved safety seat.
- Smoking and “E” smoking are not permitted on board any vehicles.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted on board any vehicles.
ADA Certification Guidelines
- ADA services are for passengers with disabilities who are unable or find it difficult to ride fixed line bus routes. ADA passengers must be certified by BCRTA in order to reserve ADA rides.
- ALL of BCRTA and MTS vehicles are wheelchair lift equipped and consequently ADA compliant.
- ADA Paratransit service must be provided to all individuals who are unable, because of their disability, to use the fixed route system. The criteria for determining eligibility is regulated by the ADA, and BCRTA/MTS has developed and administers a process for determining if individuals who request service meet the regulatory requirements for eligibility. Click here to download the ADA transportation application.
- ADA requires that reservations be made the day before a trip. BCRTA/MTS does allow same day trips as the schedule allows. If same day trips are available, the fare is the same regardless of when a trip is scheduled.
- During the application review process individuals will be offered 3 consecutive days of rides while they are waiting for the application to be processed. This is a one-time ride offer that is available to all of the public.
Click Here for more information about the ADA Paratransit Plan.