Who We Are
BCRTA’s mission is to support Butler County’s quality of life and economic development through public transportation solutions.
BCRTA was created by the Butler County Commissioners in 1994 as a public agency in accordance with Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 306 to be governed by a nine-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Butler County Commissioners with the intention of resulting in a coordinated transportation program that better meets the needs of the residents of the county to:
- Provide access to health and human and services programs.
- Better foster the economic development and vitality of the county by providing better access to jobs, education, shopping, government services.
- Conserve energy and reduce pollution.
- Become the designated grantee (designated by the Ohio Governor) for federal and state transportation funds within the Cincinnati Urbanized Area of Butler County.
- Serve as a broker of transportation services for various county boards and agencies that wish to contract with the BCRTA to manage their transportation needs.